Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-04-29
19:49:11
 Re: Gun Law

I was thinking of you playing Ikari Warriors the other night remembering you saying you like that one more than the other Commando type shooters. happy

Tips for Gun Law:

Keep away from the edges of the screen.
Try to shoot enemies horizontally with maximum distance between you and them so you have enough room to move out of their line of fire.
Every step of added scrolling always take one step at a time if your unsure and always fire up! You must also fire at least twice per step as enemies can spawn right in front of you and sometimes there may be two standing in the same spot.
Of course use buildings, trees, rocks & fences as cover.
You don't have to kill all enemy, if you are forced to walk far right or left close the edge of the screen then the more enemies you can leave behind the less that will spawn in tight spots where you need to go. With practice you can past the first set of buildings without even being killed. It gets easier after that with extra lives added and loads of cover ect..
Look for extra points where you can force the screen to scroll up a little higher if there is a narrow path way you need to take so to stop the bad guys spawning right in front of you. This can shift the spawn points to other areas on the screen out of your way.

I have never been able to kill a space ship and not sure if you can. Go far left ot right and time it so you can run past. Be quick else the bad guys will soon spawn behind you.

Also if you see the odd glitch be it bullet than has not disappeared or anything else of that size that is not part of the normal game GFX or looks out of place then keep well away as your die.

Indeed it is a hard game, but with practice and a little patience as there is no need to rush you can play better than what you may believe you can do now. I'm not saying this is the ultimate survival guide as even I die, mostly from stupid play errors and sometimes you die for no reasons which I call, "land mines" because you just stepped on a bug in the game type of thing. happy

If you do go back to Gun Law at some point, have fun anyway. happy

EDIT:

Yeah baby! I was on a roll and wow I started to think this game is really BIG. Not long after some spaceship was in the middle of the screen coming down. Not sure if I died or not but the next thing that happened was it looped back to the start again with my remaining lives. So... this is not the hardest game in the world, just one of those lovely C16/Plus4 games that was hard as most were of this quality yet at the same time it offered value for money with the limited amount of memory. Top game and very challenging when you put your mind to it even if it's 25 years on!happy

See if you can beat this score of 134340.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024