Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-08-30
 For Csabo

To be honest Minus4 has had its good points and some cool features but always a little behind in what it could do, as Mike said he was suffering because of the way he coded it. Some game emulation in Minus4 Dos can't be faulted, Pin Point is top of the list out of all the emu's. M8 I have had it good for a long time, you don't know how cool CP4 really was, way ahead of them all at the time and only in the last year has YAPE taken top slot.

Remember my voice is from a gaming point of view...

The more and more Ati adds to Yape the more PC CPU power it eats. He does need to some how optimize his code because on my PII 333Mhz yape runs at 80% CPU speed of a Plus/4! Yape has some minor bug (i think the sound) with XP, slowing the mouse pointer and PC CPU right down... Another story to be told.

Mike's idea of making a fresh start of it is great! Sure top of the wish list is true 1541 emulation so maybe he could look into this from the word go. Could try asking him insted of saying "HEY"? I know Mike will pull more strings this time, MTAP support for sure this time as he could'nt do it the old way.

These guys don't have to make emulators, just pleased they have done what that have and seeing as there is a large lack of intrest in the Plus4 side anyway we have done well up till now me thinks........

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024