Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-02-22
04:08:30
 Re: Cookies

Cookielaw?? News to me. I'm sure 92% of websites are still not asking for permission as I don't recall a single site asking for it from all the google searches to snooping about online at all types of things from news to shopping. I guess you may get on some sites a little box where you sign-in that has the option so it remembers you which would be that I guess but no message of actually telling me it's anything to do with cookies.

It's more about convenience than doing any damage to it's users...

I'm not saying ignore indi, but have a word to see what he thinks. It really is a joke in my eyes, I mean should all websites ask permission before you even view it's content from text to pictures because that too is being cached for convenience reasons... mad!

I can only share your views, but if Mike feels the need something should be done just in case then I'm sorry if this is extra work, come back the days when basic html was all you needed to make a web site!

One last thought... it should be the web browsers that should detect if cookies are being used to then ask with the option to ignore all. Not the other way around of the site having to ask... Pathetic.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024