Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2011-12-29
16:43:17
 Re: Bil Herd's video on the C116

I laughed when he was going on about the joystick ports knowing that is the very thing that killed a lot of good Plus/4. If you have one alive and kicking right now never use a joystick which has autofire, just keep'um sweet and simple and the machine will run all day long!

Only bad thing he said was telling me to buy a C64. Man by the time the Plus/4 came out in the UK it was sold as a games machine. 11 games, 2 joyticks and over the years some cracking games were made!! happy

Big respects for the reset button!! For me it was not about copying games because you could do that with Tape 2 Tape, but being able to have a look at how the games worked, messing about with the code getting extra lives and starting it up again. Or getting some C16 only games to display correct on Plus/4! It allowed people who had no idea what they were doing to look and slowly learn from messing about. happy
C16/Plus4's were real computers! I remember adjusting the voice code of "Welcome to Terra Nova a Journey through the Unknown" and changing the sample speed faster and slower and having a blast for ages and for me that was an achievement at the time all thanks to this cool machine that allowed me to look inside. happy

Awesome video and loved every moment! Cheers Bill. happy

Many thanks Rob for sending him the machine too!. happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024