Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

crock
on 2011-11-28
04:52:15
 Re: Is there any 1551 head alignment or rpm tools?

I think the problem here was that the muppet who sent me the 1551 made no effort to pack it well. It was in a flimsy cardboard box with some crunched up newspaper. The C16 PCB that was included was just placed on top of the drive and so the component pins have scratched the 1551 case terribly.

It was also crushed hard enough to break the grill on the top and smash the screw receptacles right out of the case, so a lot of superglue has been required to get a useable case. It's no surprise that the mechanism has also taken a beating with this kind of treatment.

After I posted this I took the mechanism out and attached it to a 1541 board to check it. I managed to get it back into alignment but the stepper motor has been rotated all the way to one extreme. I can only assume that the rough treatment has bent something. Although the drive now works it's not much good for much more than spares. Mayble I'll spray paint a 1541 case and transfer the board into that!!

I'm really annoyed with myself for not doing this after I took delivery, then I might have some comeback on the idiot who sold it....

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024