Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2011-11-07
18:34:29
 Re: interesting'n'funny stuff

A nicely collected funny stuff on noises and weird sound.

http://listverse.com/2008/02/29/top-10-incredible-sound-illusions/

I would call your attention on the Barber shop and matches. These one just puts you into the middle of a real 3D environment with 2 simple earphones our plugs. I know it is possible with some PC drivers, but hello it it made just with two mics, without any PC and highly sophisticated music editing SW. It is just fantastic, that without 5.1 or 7.1 you have the complete distance and height positioning. everything done by your brain.

In fact in the past with my subordinate I tried to convince some decision makers and marketing guys to work it out into real branded product. In fact we were in direct contact with the copyright owner and last real developer of that sound recording method. We made internal marketing activity, and reached very high Net Promoter Score. That product would able to play and record such 3D sound with 2 built-in earbuds. You may imagine the new level of live concerts records with this technique. The Brand must support customers with regular update on (rare) concert videos and musics recorded with hifi components.
We even made few prototypes of this product locally and some demo materials

Although everyone found it fantastic experience, but noone saw the marketing potentials.
So idea dropped by marketing guys. I am not aware any branded product supporting officially this recording method (playback is OK on any device, probably that lead to marketing guys to this decision, but come on, personally copy-protected WMA is also exists...)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024