Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2011-08-30
15:26:51
 Re: Another plus 4 problem

Well, I bought a Plus/4 too and a C64 + 1541/II.
Plus/4 is so dirty, that several keys need big force to contact. in the past I read that I need a soldering iron to dismount it, so first I bough this equipment... since then a new job and a new flat stopped doing this activity but NOW with all those hints... happy

One short update on Plus/4 with LCD TV (old story, but told to be a problem of Plus/4 too)
I got with the C64 an Video Out --> SCART with CVBS+Audio cable too. I connected both computers to my LCD TV. Although from both computer there is a picture, the difference is huge.
C64 has a terrible picture witha lot of crossalk and moire between colors. some of them is even not readible on the blue background. Some games are tested, and do not look good.
Plus/4 has a sharp and nice picture.

I will link some pictures too later. the C64 are available, but the Plus/4 ones were lost on my PC became defective.

I do not know, why there is such a big difference with the same cable, especially someone told that Plus/4 has a very noisy output. But I cannot confirm it with CVBS signal, it is nice on Plussy.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024