Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2011-08-25
08:48:41
 Re: Mouse for Plussy

wow, not bad at all.
But Vesalia does not help on us, as Plus/4 is missing the analog inputs on the Joy socket

An other calculation:
1) C= 1351 mouse on ebay in 30€+postage
2) Vesalia adapter (30€ + postage) + a PS/2 mouse (5€) to have proper PC mouse for C=64
3) BSZGG version:
an RS232 mouse (on Vatera and ebay.de), almost new Microsoft: 2€
( on USA ebay such an old Microsoft mouse costs 13-40USD+horror postage )

BSZGG adapter for the Userport (cheap components+work): maybe 10€ + postage (could be cheaper or more expensive)

Although the 3rd option is the cheapest, only that one may work for Plussy. 1 or 2 will NOK on Plussy despite higher cost.

On C=64 only 1 or 2 can work, but on the same price you may get an original C=1351 mouse too (although rare), maybe a little old fashoned and not optical mouse, but looks better on the desk, than this big Vesalia brick (despite is is a nice development, knowing how the PS/2 protocol works, not to forget USB and wireless support)

I am considering now to buy right now a Microsoft serial mouse in almost new status on Vatera (400Ft = 1.5€ + postage) and try to order one converter from BGSSZ.
Comment: maybe Microsoft Home mouse fits the best for Plussy, as being a dark blue mouse, not white. happy I could not find any old fashioned RS232 mouse in black.

Question: how I may modify Multibotticelli to able to draw with this mouse on the real HW? happy
will the irq driver stays in memory and run in the background?

(maybe the IRQ driver can write the mouse click as Joy Fire into memory. but how you may simulate the faster movement/acceleration of the mouse? or it will work like when 1351 simulates joystick? Rather limited, but for 45° movement may better work than joystick, I can hardly emulate well in Plus4Emu...
On the other hand, GEOS expert could write a proper driver for this device, even laser printers or IBM inkjet printers could be managed in the past, not to mention the memory expanions )

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024