Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2011-08-24
17:16:47
 Re: Mouse for Plussy

No problem, I was just surprised happy

REVISION to the below: I found BSZGG in the Member list as an active member.
So PROBABLY this mouse was already discussed here,but in the last 3 years I did not read any comment related to a real working mouse, so topic is up to the HW guys...

Back to my original post:

Recently I found an interesting link, I could not find any reference to it here yet.
If it was already discussed here, or the developer is already reading this forum, please correct me happy

It describes a working mouse for Plus/4, made from a normal (old) RS232 mouse connected to Userport.
http://www.amiga.hu/amigos/plus4/plus4/plus4.htm

Ahh, forgot to mention please go to Fejlesztesek area
(that area has no direct link, bah)

The description is in Hungarian, but there is a beta driver, and a BASIC program able to read the certian memory addresses and draw with the mouse.
(there is a screenshot about a drawing made by an Amiga port of a Plus/4 emulator, so it probably really works)
Though the panel description is missing, there are a lot of hints and pictures about parts and way of connection.

In fact it seems NOT an 1351 compatible device, but if it has a driver working with IRQ, it may also do the work to transfer and map the signal to a proper place sounds more "compatible". On the other hand I am not aware of any Plus/4 program expecting 1351 to be connected (no analog input) even GEOS it not written like this.

Actually I tried to find out who is this guy, but had no time yet to write him
There is two mail addresses, but those names ping nothing in my mind, maybe you find his nicknames more familiar:
bszggg(at)amiga.hu veszti(at)freemail.hu

anyhow, congrat to the developer!
Hopefully a more competent guy (expert) may comment this new finding, how it could be transferred into an 1351 compatible device happy (even if required at all, or maybe this mouse could be THE mouse standard for Plus/4 happy )

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024