Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-07-21
 continued

Current status of drive: I can read in a directory, but it hangs AFTER the blocks-free line. The red light is still on, the disk is turning. Turning off the drive is the only way to release the Plus/4 to get the READY prompt back. However if I turn the 1551 back on I get DEVICE NOT PRESENT error. I cannot RESET, I have to power both off and back on to get both to talk to each other again.

If I were to instead turn off the Plus/4, the 1551 gives me 4 quick blinks and then the red light stays off; however this is not consistent. Sometimes it doesn't blink at all, it just turns the red light off and stops spinning the disk.

If I hit RUN/STOP during the disk driectory display, I get the normal BREAK error but the 1551 refuses any future requests for disk access.

The drive speed adjustment is right on at 11:00 just like my 1541 and Jim's pictured 1541 drive mechanism.

If I instead try to load a file instead of the directory, it loads a bit and then stops spinning the disk. I can turn off the 1551 and regain control of the computer but I get a LOAD ERROR when this happens, and all I can LIST is the first line of the program.

Jim if I had your phone number I would have called you!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024