Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2011-01-19
13:54:33
 Re: Yes, I want to buy a SID Card for the Commodore Plus/4 with no SID chip!

Hi Yerzmyey,
Are you involved? I saw SwinSID project two years ago, I was very much impressed by the capabilities of the board. How much does it cost?

Definitely it could be a good choice for Plus/4, and may open the gate for a third music playback mode, to step out from the shadows of C64, haha!
C64 people will never change their players for a new chip (as they already have a good one, ha!), but heavily using it in plus/4 and give support will surely generate some winner Demos may knock out some C64 fans (together with the color capabilites of Plus/4).

Anyone who is not familiar with the sound of SwinSID, please check the Demo area
http://www.swinkels.tvtom.pl/swinsid/

Though demo area is overloaded with Emulated SID music (not 100% the same), but the REAL capabilities of the board even more impressing, see at the bottom few (unfortunately some post-processing done with them). I think the voice may come out of that board is clearly over SID capabilities, just need a proper, standardized player routine.

PS: By the way, for almost 2 years a SwinSID demo was my mobile phone ringtone, that was the level of impression I had. I would still use it, but my Philips phone died, unfortunately...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024