Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

siz
on 2010-11-19
08:00:40
 Re: 256K

Hi gerliczer,

I've asked about the Csory expansion compatibility too.
His reply:
----
Csory memory expansion... To tell the truth, this design started off with way higher expectations happy. I exactly knew that I won't piggyback chips in the computer anymore, and consequently, that I'll need to create a board. If I were to do that, it looked obvious to expand on the idea, and create something more complex (a 1 or 4 meg version, with both the Hannes + Csory logics implemented etc.). ...But the design didn't "want" to get simpler, no matter what approach I tried, so that it would fit. It's just too "complex" ie. it has a hell of exceptions that all need to be handled. Finally, I came to the conclusion that it simply won't fit, given the criterias (rather complex logics, together with the intent of not using modern components in a vintage gear). And that was the point of giving that up; from that on, I only concentrated on creating something that I can use in practice (ie. SVS' 256K asm), and leave the extras, if at all, for a presumable later run.

BTW, I only ever heard of Csory's 256K specific tools, ie. his 256K Macro Assembler, but I could never get hold of them (...I couldn't even see them in action, that is... ). Surely, a stable 256K Macro asm would still have made me to consider implementing his memory expansion scheme...

----
Oh, and I almost forget to add: I HAVE a copy of some of Csory's 256k tools. wink I just found them yesterday but I had no add software right (or I just don't know how to do that).
I need to sort them and attach some words of comments to them before sending out to someone with the proper rights (most probably Csabo and/or Luca).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024