Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2010-08-15
08:47:19
 Re: Matrix Printer MPS 803

I had an MPS803 in the past, and did some nice things with that. In fact mainly with GEOS on C64, as Plus/4 had hardly anything at that time I could call WYSWYG programs for Newsletter creation. (or maybe I was just not aware of that. the existance of GEOS was a surprise to me, but would not help me, as working only with 1551, and I had 1541/II)

On the other hand I should state, that after switching to a 24pin STAR printer (it was an A3, color capable beast, at least 20kgs, and I bought it from a factory for ~5 Euros) a new level became available for me with GEOS.

Certainly if the MPS803 is a collectible, then it is a perfect match to plus/4. If you wanna do some more serious jobs (who knows? happy ) then a decent STAR (eg NX-1000) or Panasonic KX-P2123 will improve the output. They are even color capable with a cheap ribbon.
As GEOS is available for Plus/4 also, I suppose the printer support is the same as on C64 and you may connect them easily (the STAR has a commodore interface, the Panasonic I am not sure).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024