Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2010-08-12
07:27:56
 Re: Beginners Question: How to load Graphic fom Pc to Plus4

Hi,

FLI is the way to partially overcome the limitation of the 4 colors per 8x8 zone.
(in the backgound the plussy changes the color registers and the colormap from an other big database (that's why FLI pictures are BIG). As it needs very precise timing, it is not completely free to use any color at any place and ususally causes some vibration on the picture).

Best if you try it yourself with a nice picture on the Plus4Emus. Select the HIRES (320x200), Multicolor (160x200), FLI (160x200 with more colors), High resoltuion FLI (320x200).
Tip: The higher you set the dithering on HIRES, the better picture you get. In Multicolor it is not so easy, sometimes dithering is "overdone" and then the picture looks crap.

Or you may check some slideshows from the Top List, you can find FLI and other pics. You may notice on FLIs that much more colors used, but the vibration too. (Now in my new release I use only normal multicolor pictures, as some people hate that picture vibration, and give low score on the pictures :-D )
My personal view, that very frequently the FLI picture not adjusted properly, so despite of more colors, it is too dithered, no time-consuming fine-tuning done.
Also I think the normal multicolor is not used till it's limits, but I try to reach them now happy

GFX is anything for me not done on the character based screen and not music, haha!
(grafix)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024