Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

George
on 2010-08-09
21:51:24
 Re: Searchin' for a char editor...

Thanks for your kindness. I wish i had this help, when i was a Kid (1984).

As a pofessional Software Developer and I have programmed on every modern machine since 1992, on almost every OS (Apple, Linux, DOS, Windows) in almost every higher Language. Including Webprogramming and Databases.

But i started with this machine (Plus/4, my great love) as a kid, and was not able to understand most things, especially assembly. Book with seven seals. happy

Dealing with its Basic is nice, but very slow..happy So i have to deal with assembly in future, because it was a Kids dream of me, to programm a Text-Adventure and an arcade game of the 80's on this machine!!! (e.g Phoenix).

I don't want to offend the community here, but Is there a comfortable programming (BASIC-) environent for the Plus/4? I am thinking of developing one for my own. Programming on the real machines or in a emulator (e.g Yape) is very basic. You have to renumber the codelines, if you want to reorganized the code. The best solution for me is Coding on a PC and sending the Result direct to Emulator or better to the Commodore. Perhaps somebody has developed something in that way. (Background: I earn my daily bread with Borland Delphi at this time)

Thanks for the help, again!!!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024