Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

TLC
on 2010-06-30
06:25:22
 Re: Arok Party 2010

Didn't wanna be famous (see p4w main) but Chronos convinced me that it should be good to make an announcement about things I mentioned in a discussion at FB.

In short:

I'd most probably go to the party. Will bring hw -- a slightly hacked C-16, a stock Plus/4, 1541 (...I'm slightly reluctant to also bring a 1551 but possible), cards, disks etc. I'll also have a notebook with opencbm + XA1541 installed with me (if someone needs transferring stuff to/from disks). Possibly a Spectrum 128k +2 (with a CF-interface) if I get around to get it back into shape.

I've bought some 8501 processors at hqvideo recently (as suggested by some of you last year happy ). If someone needs a cpu in his C-16/C-116/Plus/4 to be replaced (black screen of death |-) ), we can arrange that as I guess (replacing a 8501 is pretty simple; these are always installed in sockets). If someone needs something else to fix (different symptoms, different equipment etc.), we could give that an attempt, too. But I'd ask you to contact me first, before the party (the sooner, the better) so that I'd know about what I should bring with myself. ...There's no charge, except components' price; the 8501 costed around HUF 2000, exactly (quick lookup) 1943 HUF each; TTL chips are still available and cost basically nothing, anything else is subject to the result of a lookup for them first... I only have few Commodore chips myself, almost all of them pulled out of various cbm machine wrecks.

I also have some, presumably interesting hw here in the flat -- an Atari 1040 STe, an Amstrad CPC6128, and two early, PET-keyboard VIC-20s (one PAL, one NTSC) + some stuff -- I can also bring some of them with me if someone's interested happy.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024