Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-07-14
 Starcommander

I have the reverse effect using my XE1541 cable. I can copy single prg's, but after a while I'll have to reboot because it stops reading the drive for some odd reason and I can't copy whole D64's or more than 1 prg at once Slow and painfull..

If you can copy whole D64's then use startcommander and copy all your wanted PRG's to a d64 image. If you need a blank D64 image let me know and I'll upload one.

Also check out 64hdd. This allows you to load software (PRG,D64) direct from you PC hardrive using you Plus/4. It emulates a 1541 and more. You can even load from CD, just a case of setting your CD drive as a device number eg.(#15). There is a small bug I have (maybe XE1541 again?), that once you reset the plus4 it will lock up 64hdd, but this is simple to get around. Once you have finished loading press ESC on PC to quit out. I have a .bat file setup so all I do is type C16 and she's running again.

I haven't tried PC to 1541 copy via Plus/4, but it should work just like having two 1541's conected which is something I've never done!! wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024