Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

retroscener
on 2010-04-09
20:54:15
 Re: Trailblazer remake for XBOX360.

Hi DrMistry.

Apologies for my outbursts. It's not you. It's just a big company such as Microsoft who seems to care about others breaching their copyright, and I was just wondering why they seemed OK breaching any copyrights to this game. But then I shouldn't assume anything. I suppose if Shaun Southern was mentioned as the original inspirator for the game we wouldn't have been so hard, but then as Csabo mentioned above maybe it would've landed you in bother. We're just all Sout fans I guess lol

I agree with you about clones of classic games, and you are right. Copyrights can hinder progress and gaming creativity anyway. New ideas on an old formula is always good, and I like seeing new classic hi-score games being released. It's just that age-old copyright thing that confuses people a bit. But you're a freelance programmer that obviously don't just create games solely for money, and you know enough about the history of the game and the copyright itself to know what you're doing.

I suppose I was too harsh on the game (typing before I think). After all graphics doesn't account for overall playability. i didn't mean to sound like they're bad, they're pretty good tbf and they seem to suit the game itself but was just thinking that the 360 is capable of so much more. I haven't even seen it in action yet, and imho graphics can still be really good even if they're not utilised to the fullest of potentials of the machines, so I was unfair on that. Also you are keeping it true to the original using the same colours as the original for retro fans such as ourselves who might get confused with it otherwise happy

Anyway the coins is a nice feature, if only that was included in the original, it seems so obvious.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024