Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

TLC
on 2010-04-07
16:51:22
 Re: Compute TurboTape for the +4?

I remember experimenting with the code linked above (great find, Attila! happy ). Functionally, it's indeed compatible to the usual C64 turboloading system. ...Well, better said, it was "meant to be" compatible with them (or something like that). At the level of the turbo routine, it's perfect. The integration with the Commodore Basic system, it's less than that. Due to the fact that it takes Basic memory, and that it gets "killed" by Her Turbo's embedded turboload routine, it's been always less than useable for copying files; and due to the fact that it pays no attention to the C64 files' start address of $0801 (being the screen memory there in the Plus/4), it was less than ideal for sharing files between the C64 and the Plus/4. (...I did try that :-D, I would have needed something for transferring files as I had no floppy drive at the time, nor did my friends (C64 owners) have one).

I did disassemble and analyse it though, and the core became the base of my first ever stuff (ever "published", or something like that) back then :-D. (It was MegaCopy )

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024