Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Litwr
on 2010-01-05
03:41:21
 The fast drawing methods

Happy New Year! happy happy
I have to humbly present my first and probably the last demo. It is at the bottom of
http://litwr.narod.ru/plus4.html
The presented dot drawing subroutine is about 5-6 times faster than BASIC PAINT and maybe several hundreds times faster than BASIC DRAW for single dots.
Excuse me absence of sound and other effects. This demo is still raw but if I begin to polish it then it would be probably never released. ;-(
I don't know how to upload it to our emucamp. However if it is worth it then I will be ready to perform appropriate procedures. wink

I have to express many thanks to the author of plus4emu --- I worked under Linux and it was the only choice. I also find the 'compress' utility very useful. However I've found some problems of 'plus4emu' 1.2.9.2:

1) wrong noise generator
2) F8 (load programs) and other dialogs didn't set proper focus position for ENTER --- so I had to use mouse (or several TAB keystrokes) every time. IMHO ENTER should always close dialog with selected program. Someone may use SPACE for the selection itself.
3) the debugger shows only whole status word but it would be more convinient to show also every single flag status
4) debugger blanks plus4 screen
5) the feature "mouse sets cursor position" is interesting but a bit annoying. IMHO it should be a way to disable it.
6) the name 'compress' conflicts with name of old Unix utility --- maybe 'p4compress' or something like this would be better?
7) no PETSCII (or even ASCII) in the debugger dump. Maybe the dump buttons should be at the bottom of memory dump area?

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024