Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

retroscener
on 2009-11-13
11:12:05
 Re: There is no 16k only support

I totally (totally) agree with this one. I actually nearly made a post on this myself a few weeks back. Not sure what held me back.

I own an unupgraded C16, and I also found many of the C16 game images which were compatible on original cassette don't work for the real machine. I'm now awaiting for a 64K upgrade to become available just to play many of the games. I use a 1541mk2 drive with parallel cable to transfer the .prg images.

I took it that the people who cracked it did so on the plus4, and maybe added their own credit demo notes to it taking it over the C16 memory limits.

Sometimes though where the .prg files won't work, I've found that the .D64 image does, such as Tom Thumb.

It would be a worthwhile ongoing project to make all C16 games actually work on the machine, it doesn't matter whether it's a crack or not, so long as it works, and of course it should still be compatible with the plus4. It will also make the library feel more complete, as it's not just about the plus4, the c16 or the c116. It's about the whole 264 series in general.

I know a project like this would take a long time, but after a little while it will start becoming more noticable and I guess it will be viewed as yet another challenge. Like this 1kb game contest is a challenge too and that's less important for the community.

If I was a programmer, I'd attempt it myself.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024