Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

TLC
on 2009-10-14
03:34:50
 Re: No Video Output?

I didn't mean the switch boxes, I meant "converting the RF cable into coax", that I had probably mis-understood earlier to be some other clever method (you wrote something like "direct composite to coaxial adapter" by which I understood you gave a try to something that converts composite signal to RF... it's obviously not the case, you just tried connecting the RF output of the computer to the TV directly with no switch-boxes).

It's pretty strange, anyway. I'd say unless the computer has some really nasty problem, your chances are high that you just couldn't tune to the computer's signal somehow. I'd suggest that because even if there's something wrong in the Plus/4, the RF part literally never breaks... so you should get a black screen even if the computer has some problems.

Hmmm. As I think that over, I may be wrong about that.

The TED defaults to PAL mode (upon power-up). PAL machines generate a valid videosignal regardless to most other components' validity. From the other hand, NTSC machines would not generate a valid videosignal, unless the computer is able to boot (ie. until the processor switches the TED to NTSC mode).

Then there are only two possibilities -- 1.) try if the computer works on a modern TV (by automatic program search), 2.) try if you can see something by connecting the computer to a composite monitor (if someone around you has one).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024