Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

TLC
on 2009-10-12
19:28:42
 Re: No Video Output?

Hmmm... You say you can see some signs that there's at least some signal... but not what you'd expect?...

Judging from the fact that you _could_ switch between the L and H settings (at all) I'd presume it's an NTSC machine (European ones have a different RF modulator that do not have this switch). This must be an NTSC machine, no doubt.

I do remember seeing effects like you described... The computer emits plenty of EMI, especially on VHF... this can be noticed like that, sometimes even when there's valid signal (TV transmission) on those channels (if the antenna is within reach, so that it can pick up the computers EMI noise...).

It might be that you could have not tuned-in the TV to the signal... so you're only receiving the EMI noise from the Plus/4 directly (that is especially noticeable on the low TV channels).

I'd do the following: connect the computer and the TV together, turn the computer on, and let the TV search for new available programs automatically (let it sweep through all TV channels it's physically able to tune-in). You might be lucky. I'd also try that using a TV that I know well from that side.

Do I understand right that you used a box (for the other attempt) that converts composite to RF? ...Did you make a cross-test (ie. try if the box works with the same cabling, same setup, with a diffferent computer)? It would be good to know whether the TV failed to tune-in to the RF output of the box, or if the box received no, or no valid composite signal from the Plus/4.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024