Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

TLC
on 2009-09-25
10:42:18
 Re: TV Switch Box

MMS: Okay, then you were really talking about today's flat LCD TVs. ...Yep, these really have S-Video by a high chance.

I know of these digital upscalers and stuff, and yes, they can be relatively enhanced... I just don't like them. IMHO digitizing an analog signal and displaying it on a panel whose raw resolution is in the same magnitude as the analog signal's own bandwidth (but not some multiple of the original signal's clock), is a "Bad Idea" (TM) wink (and if that won't be enough, I'm also not that fond of today's TVs color reproduction... yeah, plasmas are somewhat better but still...). Until that gets seriously better, I'm using a large CRT TV with no digital trickery (at all). And I'm happy with the vivid colors, no grids, no digital artifacts etc... wink

About using the Orion -- you've been lucky happy. Those TVs were IMHO "the" best TVs available (for this task, and anyway) back then. I've only ever met them in my school... they were nice!... I only used my parents' Videoton Super Color TV back then (...and another small black & white Videoton TV in my room, I had no color display myself) that was nice either but lacked the composite video input.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024