Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2009-09-24
09:54:06
 Re: TV Switch Box

Hi TCL,

Thanks for the detailed answer. I have no real HW, but in the past I used the output to connect to out Orion Viking (hunagrian color-TV brand) Video-input. It was pretty nice. I think it was using the CVBS (composite) I suppose.)

I saw some guys reported in USA using their 26" TV with SVideo input with nice picture (with C64), hopefully Plus/4 is not worse that C64 from this aspect, if yes, then we see again a "nice" costdown action in TED... In fact it could be improved in some ways, but for that I need a real hardware, and a consulatition with our expert engineers here.

About SVideo support from TV side:
I am working in a factory producing a LOT of TVs. Since 2007 I cannot tell you a single LCD or Plasma type, which did not have direct SVideo input on the Side panel (we call AV side input), and I am talking about hundreds of types and about few million TV sets... so I can say, -at least for this brand- SVideo input granted, and SVideo support valid for Scart input also. Not a sporadic support. Our latest TVs could do SO much improvement on the incoming analog signal you cannot imagine. Remove graininess, mioire, color troubles.
In fact if you DO not have on the TV this SVideo connector, you may have a workaround via your VCR or DVDRecorder connected to the TV, as a lot of them (we also produced a lot happy ) had SVideo input on the front you may use for the connection.

HDMI was just a joke happy you need certain digital video signal for the IC generating this high-speed IIC signal (which is uncompressed transcoded digital signal), and need very accurate timing.

There ARE companies producing external upscalers, like:
http://converter4531.en.china.cn/selling-leads/detail,1070260340,upscale-rcacvbs-to-hdmi-convertersvideo-to-hdmi-converter.html
http://www.bizrate.com/s-video-to-hdmi-converter/

But I do not think it worth the money, especially if the source is crappy.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024