Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-06-18
 Has anyone tried 64HDD?

http://www.64hdd.com/

64HDD lets you use your PC's harddrive as a 1541.

First time for everything and tonight I had a go. I'm still a newbie with the software but was very impressed just loading up a couple of games from my PC with my Plus/4!! happy

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-06-18
 Not me, but SVS has....

He messaged me about two weeks ago that he was playing with that program also.

What I like about the idea is packing a hard drive and controlling hardware into a 1571 case, and setting that next to the Plus/4. Sure would be a lot more convenient, space-wise, than taking space from my PC's hard drive and having to have both computers on at once. I could set the Plus/4 and 'hard-1571' in a whole different room if neccessary.

Posted By

SVS
on 2002-06-19
 Yes, I'm using 64HDD,

and I have to say it works well. I'm writing a program able to "navigate" inside the PC hard-drive(s), modify files, load/save, etc, all *from* Plus4.
I like very much 64HDD. Its best feature is it need no program loaded into CBM machine, plus a simple X1541 cable. Other intersting things are:
a) Set/read PC clock/calendar;
b) Fast PC dir;
c) Use PC speaker for tick (each sector transmitted)
d) Quite fast (+34% than a real 1541) wink
e) Till 8 devices can be managed (CBM or PC-HDs) happy
f) Partitions (a sort of short-cuts using the "unit numbers" inside the CBM-DOS commands)
g) other

At disposal if anyone wish further info.
Bye

S\_/S

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-06-19
 Re: Yes, I'm using 64HDD

Wow S\_/S that sound cool. I'd be intrested in seeing your work once you finish it happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-06-19
 Re: Not me, but SVS has....

That would be sweet James! I did like the look of the setup but thats something I would'nt have time to look into nor know how to do it wink

Having your Plus/4 collection backed up in that way is awesome and if, saying my 1541 did die I would'nt cry so much wink

Amazing what can be done nower days. Who would of thought of it 15 or so years ago!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024