Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

TLC
on 2009-06-13
17:14:35
 Re: Cleaning the plus 4 keyboard

Hmmm, I of course missed the simple fact that you were already far beyond the point of disassembling the keyboard to parts. I'm sorry.

I took a Plus/4 apart now (so that I could inspect how the shift lock is mounted). Disconnecting these two wires here needs (de)soldering. Without that capability, the most that you can do is to cut them, and either leave them as they are (no shift lock anymore), or twist the respective wire ends together as you can, after having reassembled the keyboard (which is an ugly hack, and might even be impossible in that particular case, but anyway... ).

I can't judge if it's worth or not worth the effort for you happy. I could live without a shift lock, but obviously wouldn't want to do that wink)). I also won't want to keep cursing about an irresponsive keyboard... wink) So neither one would be the answer for me.

Obtaining a cheap soldering iron from a local electronic store or eBay might be an option; this is an easy part to solder and you also can't really break anything, as long as you keep the keyboard disconnected from the motherboard.

One final note: be careful with the red power LED, when you make an attempt to reassemble the keyboard... they're fragile.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024