Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2009-04-01
15:28:28
 Re: Commodore Free issue 28 on-line (fwd)

Yeah, looks little too smart for me happy Let's say, I could catch half of that, so real respect to you happy and especially ofr the guys developped it and made it possible.
In fact I do not see, why the filters are so essential for the digisound: Amiga could survive without that for a long time (OK, there was 1 filter setting ON/OFF, but it just made the music more "flat")
In case you have a drum or bass guitar: you really need no volume control. Usually we use them as loud as possible... For that one the 7.8Khz sounds far enough, even with the upper harmonics the sound reproduction would be good enough.

In fact I had a friend on the univeristy -Copas- who developped a 3-channel digi-player for plus/4, and demonstrated it with a Michael Jackson tune (drum, guitar and synth together), but the screen was switched off... Probably he made the frequency control real-time (for that he needed the extra 30% speed, I suppose). I wish he would know that trick in 1992, when he made it... Then he could demonstrate 4 channel digi with screen On... I think I have his routine on one of my floppys, but has no 1541 or parallel port any more
In fact I was thinking, if it is THAT fast, that it could be used SID+TED together. Certainly would work on extended or emulated machine, but it would make possible 4-6 clear 6-bit digichannel, very close to a sound we were just dreaming on an 8-bit machine.
(with pre-calculated 6-8 short sample would able to play tracker-style musics).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024