Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2008-12-29
09:47:44
 Re: looking for a Plus 4 console

Hi,
Certainly I will help, no prob! I will give my messanger link, although by default I do not log in, as all my relatives start to "attack" me at once as they see I am online happy But I will take some risks. (still I keep my offer, if you want, I make you the bidding: you gave the limits and requirement, and I do the rest, including posting part to you).

Yeah, the answer is easy: buy an upgraded C16. In Hungary ~30-40% of the C16s were upgraded in the late 80s, almost all the schools did it themselves too (still it was much cheaper, than to buy the plus/4). It was a really good load for some service workshops. Iin Hungary there are thousands of C16 with 64K RAM. I had such a one too. Unfortunately I sold it to get my first PC.

BTW, I just checked it, and on the Vatera there are one C16 64K without PSU, 20Euro. (I think too much for a non-working piece of HW).
The only drawback is the weak PSU of C16, that's why ~50-60% of the C16s were sold without PSU on Vatera. I am sure, that there should be a way to overcome on that point in the XXIst century. Should be alternative way...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024