Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2008-11-17
14:19:33
 Re: Disc software/games for Plus/4 ?

Hm, is it really important? Just asking. With the Star Commander I can put any downloaded PRG file into aD64 image any time.
If you check a specific Game (or just looking to the most liked Top 50 games), you will find the later releases all came on disc, maybe 50% of them. I think -but maybe I just do not see your view- than even in 64K programmers could make great stuff, like Dizzy series, Mercenary, Head Over Heels, Revs, just to mention some, and those are really great games.
Disc games became more common on Plus/4 after 1988 when Pigmy and TCFS started to work hard on new releases (Pigmy on converts, TCFS is on self-written games).
As the disc was media of most C64 releases, it became available on plus/4 also, due to the fact, mostly they were just ported. Then lot of guys started to do it, when saw, that Pigmy was succesfully did dozens of great releases, just to mention Bard's Tale 3. (at that time it was evident, that no big SW-house would spend any energy on the plus/4 releases, though the porting would be MUCH easier than to Spektrum (Pigmy's statement from 1990). but while in the Spektrum there was still some market (esp UK market), the German and Hungarian hackers made any new Plus/4 release available in weeks for the massess--> no sales at all --> no profit --> no interest).
As I see it...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024