Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2008-10-30
16:22:44
 Re: 2008 - new releases

Yepp, based on my education I am a degreed sw-developer, but shame on me, I did not write any single program in the last 12 years.
And after 12 years my first idea was a cross-platform graphic converted but then I saw Istvan's one, and I knew, that mine would never come close to that (ON, is some aspects the UI would be little better, but not the end-result, especially as i have no clue, how to program an FLI picture happy )
Then I found annoying that I cannot show the programs I made in Multibotticelli, so started to check again +4 assembly, but still a lot of effort...
I have to re-enforce my view, that an integrated C compiler into an emulator with professional effect and graphical and music libraries/routines could make programmer's life (especially beginners like me) easy like heaven. Just imagine: the best +4 programmers make their routines with defined inputs (basic drawing, rastertricks, divided screens, loaders, finetuned music player combining TED+SID, drumbanks happy etc) as routines, and people can use them without deep knowledge, or too much efforts understanding all technical details.
I know, that it looks some kind of vampirism on the programmers, but the libraries could be improved together (speed, more effects, new ideas, etc) by the team here, and it may result fast development (Sourcecode) and standardized code across this forum.
I think this is the only way a bigger project can be done. And a fast background code of libraries would make possible via C to be fast but structured at the same time.

I can add only my graphics to that project, no FLI please happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024