Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2008-10-23
13:18:32
 Re: Software sprites_Archon?

Many thanks for the detailed answer and the examples.

Well, I thought there could be a trick in HIRES mode to set with precise timing the colors ONLY on that part of character to the sprite color it is just covering, and the other part could keep their original color... I know it sound weird, as within the rasterline it would need very accurate change, but some of the coundbars I saw in demo have the feeling some guys can do that.
Thanks, this iconset is really draft, without the fine details, and lot of incorrect colors there. In case of the multi charset I am afraid, that in 16x16 character it would not too much better than the original, 20 years old one.
My main idea to make the game look MUCH better than the original, with all the improvements and technology improvement done in 20 years. Means much nicer sprites, marble-like chessboard, nice background around the sides (left and right, reflecting the side's settings, like evil and good), more complex information below, not just plain text.
I want to make a game make C64 owners say "wow!", by improved graphics and musics/sound. All the rest can be kept from the original game because it is perfect happy

For fun (converted)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024