Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2008-10-19
17:00:57
 Re: GEOS from EPROM? possible via emu and in real Plus/4

BTW, I would not limit this out-of-ox readily installed set to be plus/4, as under different "users" other 8 and16 bit computers I planned to intergate into a single package.
So the Amiga (with the "amiga in the Box " release), C64 and C128 would have 1-1 "user" at XP startup, you may choose which Theme and ready-instally you prefer. Certainly emulators, applications, games (eg top100), demos, tools, and YES, GEOS would be collected under folders/subfolders, but the PC can directly start in the emulated mode, if preferred.

By this approach (I am still thinking of Spektrum too happy ) I would open that PC to several thousand people willing to have the same feeling again without huge efforts (collecting all these stuff info your PC needs a lot of efforts), in atiny, but silent and strong PC.
Not to mention, that most of those people who is in the focus, are in their late 30s, early 40s, so they can easily spend in W-Europe ~500-700€ to such a Retro-PC.
In fact the special swappable keyboard and housing (imagine something like a mobile phone) could result custom-made Amiga, C64, or Spektum-looking PC, while the original design would be the nice black Plus/5 happy
There is an other big problem: who would produce it? Commodore is a good idea, but they have no real budget nowadays... Dell is out of focus (just selling their companies), and Amiga is also focusing only on SW, they even did not design a proper housing for A1 motherboard (in fact it is a shame).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024