Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2008-09-11
13:25:54
 Re: plus4emu 1.2.9

Hi Istvan,
I made some comparisons compared to the older version I used, and I noticed, that the CPU load in the new version dropped to a 82% (together with SID emu) from the proevious 95-100%. I tried the buffer setting issue, but no difference, the biggest load I could notice is the Quality setting of Display, setting it to 3, the output looks real PLUS/4, but CPU is 100% happy) I need a stronger one...
Reducing the Sound sample rate to 44Khz from 48, switch off quality setting, directly mapping to sound driver chip, having Quality setting as 1, the 82-85% is a good result.
By the way I switched of OpenGL, then the complete EMU become SOOOOO slow, that I decided to remains with OpenGL.
By the way, one of the best testers of EMU accurcy is the Genesis Project demo (very old one), when the raster scroller is fluently moving, then is is like on real Plus/4.
In your previous version I used -due to CPU load- it was stuttering a little, now it is perfect! Great job!!!
By the way, NO OTHER emu can show this corretly, just your Plus4EMU and Yape0.79. In fact I like this scroller effect SOOO MUCH. My favourite since years... I wish it would have origi SID music and some sprites, then would be PERFECT INTRO...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024