Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-04-29
 CBM Games Designer Packaging

Is this the correct packaging for 'Games Designer'? Ebay Link

It looks to me that the package pictured here would be for a diskette version, not for cassette... was this even released on diskette? If so, the diskette version would be much more handy for emulators or those of us with disk drives. happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-04-30
 Yes your right, correct cover

but it's cassette. As far as I know cassette was the only option. regards

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-04-30
 Also available in tap format if you need it :-)

http://plus4world.com/mtap0-f.htm

regards,

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-04-30
 Well actually

I already have the .tap from your website. I guess it's because I'm used to diskette that it seems so sssslllllloooooooooooooowwwwwwww.........

That packaging just looked too flat and square to NOT be a diskette package. happy Maybe it came with better instructions that a normal cassette?

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-05-01
 I don't have this,

what I do remember is it was a large over sized manual/sheet i think. Housed 2 tapes and the words BIGGER is BETTER come to mind wink

here at home I have 2 other titles from commodore (tapes) in the same boxes.

Hide and Seek - educational programes ages 4-10
Pixie Pack - educational programes ages 4-7

Tapes are/were the bread and butter of Plus/4 gaming here in Europe. Commodore got lazy, it was easyer just to save the data files as normal than to compress them. Yeah they showed off when they gave away the 11 free games with our plussys, but most from Commodore were dog slow. Would be intresting to find out how Commodore got to use the Nova Load on C16/Plus4 or who was the author of this slice of code... I think these guys were the first to use it on our machines?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024