Posted By

MMS
on 2008-07-09
08:05:54
 Re: plus4emu FLI converter

Hi,

Thanks for the comments.
You wrote the program, so you know better happy

Yeah, I know the basics of FLI technics (theoretically, not to program any happy ), and was really shocked some years ago, how many colors they could should virtually on a C64, and started to think about the possibilities on PLUS/4. But as there were no easily useable converters knowing PLUS/4 palette, and not to speak about the editing possibilities afterwards, I still stick to normal multicolor. Yeah, and on the forum here some guys mentioned, that they do not like those flickering pictures (although the details I can see in thois way are really impressive...)
My question was, if this flickering is similar strong on the real HW with TV/C=Monitor, or better? Since FLI introduced, I had no chance to check it on a real commodore PLUS/4.
I can image, that due to the speed of the electronics in the real commodore the TV screen can show only much more speared, thus more plastic, and less vibrating picture.
Even more, does the PLUS/4 flickers MORE than the C64, or HW point of view the possibilies are similar? I suppose the viewers are based on similar free-source, or convertered programs ()but I could be wrong here too).

Again, thanks for your time!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024