Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2008-07-08
16:27:45
 Re: plus4emu FLI converter

Back to LUCA's past comment on dithering and color matching: i have a damn good picture with a flower and a ladybug. the complete background has 2 shades of green, flat colors. BUT the converter -because it did not math to any PLUS/4 color EXACTLY, made a dithering.
In fact I started to write a converter months ago, but gave up to lack of time. My original concepr was that I will create a routing, which generates a "globes" around the single plus/4 colors in the 3D color-map, with a defined radius (it can be a setting). If the color on the original JPG/GIF file is within that "globe", than it became that speicfic color. Otherwise dithering is needed between the two closest color. With big enough radius the complete color map could be covered. I used this idea instead of the method LUCA said below, because the sperad of the colors in PLUS/4 is moved to the blue/green area (more color details in that spectrum), and would be hard to specify same radius for each color.

If you want, I upload the mentioned original picture and the conerted one, to get what I mean, and how I modified it with Multibotticelli to look better (do not have that "converted picture" feeling)

I hope you got the idea, and it is not bullshit happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024