Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Degauss
on 2008-05-18
19:06:49
 Re: Traffic Jam

@Chronos & Csio:

Absolutely right: The work you put into it was really worth it. I only saw what has been translated yet and i have to say: Very very good mag (some things take 15 years to get finished... thats how it is wink )

I also have to support Lucas suggestion to start a deeper discussion on the "End Of A Golden Era"-Article. Chronos wrote a splendid article on an important and ever-resurrecting topic: The scene being in a stalemate. This subject is bothering me too and i talked quite much with Luca about it. Now i feel like posting something in this thread, but instead of looking for things that went wrong, i'd like to tell about some positive examples:

When i found out about +4world and saw "Chaos", i instantly got caught: I have to code again too! I once told DCD on ICQ that it was especially "Chaos" that made me want to code again and he replied like: "Yeah, this is what i wanted: Get people interested, get people to code.". Concerning me, he achieved a full success - thank you very much! wink In February i talked to Mad at the Oxyron-Party and he said something that reminded me of this: He said he and Sire got interested in +4 because they saw a couple of my demos, liked them and decided to do something on +4 aswell. I think thats a good "trail" of positive events...

Another good example was CD4 and 8SOB. That really felt like joined forces to me! I was talking to many of the participants during the creation process and even if it was mostly about problems/issues it really was fun. We also had some party-coding at arok again, wonderful.

As for both examples i described, you can't expect any "steadyness" for anything you achieved. You can launch compos and coops and nobody gets interested, you can write demos like an obsessed lunatic and nobody gets interested... you can't force interest, you just can promote interest. Thats what i think.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024