Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Degauss
on 2008-01-14
17:01:45
 Re: plus4emu FLI converter

In between all this, i'd like to drop an idea:

I'm no graphician so i don't really know what kind of tools a real graphician would prefer, but i know the ruleset for a +4-FLI-picture is quite hard to master: picking the right BG/FG-Color values, probably X-Shifts... terrible. So my idea always was to have some sort of "converter-assisted pixelling": You should be able to pixel freely with all the 121 colors and let the converter help you finding (and solving) the areas where you were putting too much colors in. If done right, that could be a simple "addon" upon a straight converter-tool.

To be honest, this is what i always wanted to do with my converter, but ATM i like Istvans better.

p.s.: An example where "converter-assisted pixelling" could be a benefit is this: As a graphician, you would normally choose the most used color in a line to be assigend to the FF15-register. A converter probably would decide differently: It would use the videomatrix for the most used color so FF15 is still free to resolve an important color-bug somewhere else in the line (at least, thats what my converter does to reach a higher color-density)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024