Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Degauss
on 2008-01-09
08:10:22
 Re: So I want to do plus/4 gfx...

Hi Istvan!

I would like such a kind of utility but due to a lack of time, i'm sorry to say that i can't volunteer wink

Yes, the overscan-images were done with my converter. In "Notizen" I took a rather bad input-image, so the quality here isn't too well. These are also results from a basic RGB-error-function (Sum of absolute differences). I'm still seeing some "bad decisions" made by the converter with that error function.

The interlaced DFLI-Overscan was a bit tricky to design: I still wanted to have some space in memory left for other routines like music, decrunchers, loaders and stuff. On the other side i needed to unroll the whole display-code into memory, since i was modifiying so many registers. That was a difficult task, because in some cases i needed to split-up the display code into slices and scatter them into unused areas of the videomatrices. At the moment, a picture from my converter covers $1000 - $F000 (with about 4KB of empty/usable space in smaller slices within that range).

Would you like to beef up your routine to a full-featured converter? I thought so about my converter but then i had the idea it might be a bigger use if would enhance my converter to become a paint-program. I think it'll be nice to be able to paint with the full-palette in an idealized screen-mode and let a converter assist you to choose the right videomatrix/ted-register-values...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024