Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Gaia
on 2007-10-12
15:40:49
 Re: Interesting Bit: Club Info 101

Well, Erich should also know that AIM just runs perfectly well on an expanded C16, as it had an issue with the ACIA that only the plus/4 has. So, in that respect it is not entirely fair to say that it does not run _at all_ on the real machine. Anyway, that was part of the reason why I added ACIA support to Yape how preliminary that might even be.

About Shade I am not sure... the trackloader was done by me, and tested by several other people, too, before put into production. Although I have an Oceanic drive, and of course tested the loader like a hundred times, it can still occur that it fails some other 1541's or compatibles. Just remember the story of the first Megaload version. Emulators were not even thought of at the time. Also, the serial bus thing can be very tricky, since it has after all some analogue characteristics. Did any of you know that the length of the serial cable partly determines the length of the delay on the bus with regards to read/write operations? happy Anyway, the loader has a very tight timing, maybe even tighter than the once dreaded Coby loaders (basically a Megaload descendant), so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work with all imaginable 1541-compatible drives (and cable lengths wink ).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024