Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-09-04
19:27:43
 Re: So I want to do plus/4 gfx...

Hi Oswald!

I did a converter that does the things you're asking for. It tries to make use of as much TED-registers (BG/FG-Color and X-Scroll-Register) as possible while doing FLI every 2nd line. The algorithm is "close to brute force" but also tries reduce the set of parameters to be tested. You can tell the converter how "deep" to test against an optimal solution.

Here's a glimpse of my converter's output. Try these in YAPE:
http://www.jache.de/download/overscan.zip
(The Images are all interlaced, overscan and make use of the X-Scroll-Register, so the effective resolution is 304x264)

Most of the other options (dithering, deflickering, contrast/saturation-adjustment, etc) won't be of any interest for your application. But another fine feature is support for overscan-images that are 264 lines in height. There are some troubles with memory-layout with images that large, my converter handles all this.

The converter was coded in Delphi, but i could make a DLL that interfaces with your VB-Code - that would solve the "speed-problem" you were talking about. Tell me if this is interesting, and i send you the converter incl. sources (which look pretty messy wink ). Maybe we can have a talk about how a DLL-interface for your app could look like.

I would love a cooperation since i always wanted to extend my converter to a paint-program but never found time.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024