Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-01-12
 Well the 364 didn't come here

Dave Haynie's V364 was won by a Commodore computer restorer and collector for just under $1500 US.

It really makes me mad when I'm bidding in an auction and total strangers come in at the last minute and bid ridiculous amounts of money.... especially at 3:45 in the morning! Really made me think that they used an outside bidding service or something...

Well I lost the computer of a lifetime over one minute and less than $250. If a grown man ever had a reason to cry I think this is it.

James C in NTSC-land

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-01-13
 I better delete it then ;-)

Cheers easy I think he will be saying right now......

Sometimes you wish there was a world Museum for games and machines for all to see and enjoy. Insted the new owner will try 2 power it up, hoping he doesnt kill it and once he's had his fun it will be put back into the dark out of eyes view for keeps sakes.

The guy maybe a Commodore computer restorer but there is no spare parts to be found is there

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-01-13
 I hope I made David Haynie happy!

Geez I just realized how perverted that subject line is, but I'm going to leave it alone.

I figure that David is selling not just to clear space, but to earn some cash. With the economy the way it is over here right now, he might just need that cash for something important.

Therefore I felt that even if I didn't get the machine, whomever did should not get it for a steal. David and the others at Commodore made us all very happy when they released the Plus/4 and C16/116, with their keeping bugs to a minimum and throwing in so many features, etc.....

James C

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-01-13
 Man I feel for ya dude :-(

Very sorry to hear it and man you was'nt far off from the winning bid

yeah ebay really sucks when it comes to something you want and would almost die for

You were more than worthy of owning it, you sold that machine from the amount of bids you placed! Very dirty of the top 2 guys

They should make the rules differnt, you were honest in your bids and the owner should offer you the chance to buy at the final price.............. sucks

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024