Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2000-03-15
 Dont forget as I just did:

"prospector pete.prg" is 19 characters. The ".prg" and space are also part of the file name.

Regards,

Posted By

MIK
on 2000-03-18
 zip-files

I'll keep this in mind. I don't really want to zip games as there are small and can be a pain if you download many. Let me know if Netscape 5 is ok when it does come out please.

IE and NS are ok, but run both at the same time make's my machine crash sometimes This is the price I pay for making my site on a AMIGA. I have to test every browser now

I'll get it right one day

Posted By

Noro
on 2000-03-16
 Mozilla works ok

I tried to download with the newest Mozilla browser (Milestone 14) and it had no problems with the files, I hope the upcoming Netscape 5.0 will also work.

So maybe you can try this instead of IE ... get it at www.mozilla.org, about 6MB

BTW, Mozilla seems to work really stable and fast (I am writing this with it)

Posted By

Noro
on 2000-03-16
 Maybe a Netscape problem

I don't know, if this is your problem, but I experienced the same problem when I tried to download the games with Netscape (after the pages became Netscape-friendly).

The problem is: Netscape thinks, that .prg files are text files and performs the ftp-like conversion of LF to CR+LF, so every $0A in a program is converted to $0D$0A, the file also becomes larger.

Obviously such a game won't work.

Unfortunately, I did not (yet) find a possibility to say netscape that these files are binary
(I tried to tweak with 'Applications' and MIME-types - application/x-plus4-program, but without luck).

So the only possibility I know (and use) is to download with Internet Explorer.
You could also try a DOS-to-UNIX conversion tool, which converts $0D$0A back to $0A.

A general solution ( by Lando ) could be to pack all games in zip-files, which Netscape handles correct.

I hope, this helps.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024