Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2007-06-30
08:52:33
 Re: Site Log In - Register

Hi guys, I'm back from vacation, so please allow me to clear up a few things (in random order).

Ninja / The Dreams: sorry, I haven't received ANY emails from you You can use either one of my two emails: csabo(at)rogers.com or plus4(at)rogers.com. (The idirect one mentioned above is quite old.) I used to have a spam filter (Norton Anti-spam), which was actually very effective. Even when using that, I'd always manually scan over the marked messages. I remove had to remove the whole Norton suite (overall sucky quality, sorry for the off topic comment) a few months back. Now I manually delete the spam Also, it looks like you are already registered (Luca added you I think). The only thing missing from your record is your email address. Once that's entered, you can attempt to log in, the system will email you your pass and that's it. Members can also communicate with Personal Messages, a very popular feature happy

Anyone can still post here, that same message is still up on the front page of the forum, but you may not see it due to your forum settings / logged in status or skin you are using.

The reason for no AUTOMATIC registration is a long historical one. We may have discussed it in the past, but if it comes up again, I guess it deserves being discussed again. First of all AUTOMATIC is the keyword. We still register people as anyone can see happy Being a member here does not equal being able to post on the forum, it's a privilege that gives you more.

Anyway, let me try to put down a little overview. What can anyone do on the site? Let's see:

- post on the forum
- cast votes on software
- edit the database
- submit stuff to be added to the db (covers, tap files, any other material)

Posting is obviously already open, and I don't see it as a problem: we get all kinds of posts all the time. In fact, being able to post anonymously makes things simpler and faster in my opinion. You just write your message and that's it.

Editing the db: we've already spent an insane amount effort on this, and hunting down / filling out some of the remaining missing info is very difficult. I don't think too many people are interested in this.

Submitting stuff: this has to be done through email anyway.

Which leaves voting. What are the thoughts on that?

As for our site being a hardcore members only page... How do we know? Do any of you guys know non-hardcore scene members? If yes, do those people run into any kind of problems because they are not registered members? What could we do specifically to make the page more friendly for non-hardcore users?

One last note: we can no longer track visitors by IP. We used to have this feature but it caused too much db activity and we had to removed.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024