Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2001-12-13
 Reading External ROMs?

Does anyone know how to read (not execute) a ROM? What I want to do is copy the code from my Script/Plus cartridge to a file, then move it to my emulator on my PC so I can use it on the emulator.

I've found ROM images of Calc/Plus, Jack Attack, and the Scott Adams games, but Script/Plus seems to be the elusive one.... if anyone has already done this, please let me know!

James C

Posted By

JamesC
on 2001-12-17
 Well you've got the right idea

You are thinking along the same lines that I am. However, the pages I'm finding online are for the C64, not the Plus/4 or C16.

I need to be able to do this with my Plus/4, as obviously the Script/Plus cartridge won't fit in my 128D's cartridge slot.

James C

Posted By

Gaia
on 2001-12-13
 It's possible also in software

Well, if the ROM is not autostart, or it's possible to fall back somehow to "normal" mode, it's even possible to read the contents from software on the plus/4 itself (just a small machine code with ROM paging), like for example with the 3-PLUS-1 software.

But if it's autostart and you ccan't get out of it, it can only be done with appropriate hardware tools. A knew once a web site telling you haow to do it, but I don't have that anymore handy. Maybe you could make a search on Google?? (ROM dumping, or so)

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024