Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

TLC
on 2007-04-08
14:07:57
 Re: Using NTSC machine in Europe?

The machines can't just be operated from the European mains (as their power supplies would fry), but you can generally use the American machines with the respective European version's power supplies.

You might find out that some series of the Plus/4s were manufactured with a square, some others with a round shaped power supply connector. This is not specific to European or American models; you could find both from both versions. The round one is basically the same as the C64 power supply, so you can use a C64 PSU that case.

If I were you, I won't trust the European TV to successfully sync to the American broadcasting channels (RF cable), so I'd obtain a videocable instead (some might do it without problems, some not... but with a videocable, you'd presumably get a (black and white) picture even with no NTSC capability).

The VIC-20 is the same in this subject. (If you find that the American one has a strange 2-pin PS connector, then you have an "original" VIC-20 (not the CR) which is more frequently found in the US; for that, you'll have to obtain a respective European PSU).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024