Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Gaia
on 2007-04-03
04:34:45
 Re: TED-Documentation

The events of the last few days reminded me of this old thread DrDeath has started. To avoid such accusations in the future, it would be good indeed to document everything we know about the TED. Therefore I decided that I contribute to what Bionic has already started. As time permits I will write down what I know even if it's not implemented in Yape, yet.

BTW: Litwr, the 5 magics effect has a bug in Yape 0.72 that I overlooked. In case you are interested: the DMA has the same reload mechanism like the character position counters (whose reload register is FF1A/B) only their events happen 1 cycle earlier than that one (I think the C64's DMA works similarly like this and it is also mentioned in the infamous "VIC-II Article"). This have been verified by TLC in as early as 2004. I never implemented it until recently because it required a rewrite (or a new emulation mode). The 5 magics effect skips the cycle where the DMA position counter is latched to the reload register, so by the time the next reload happens, it will use the "old" reload value of 40 and not that of the extended lines (41) since a latch there could never occur (this is now fixed).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024