Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2006-01-08
00:35:53
 Re: Naming Releases

Csabo,

Having such long names for programs is gonna get confusing..... and it'll screw up the game names on the Covers of the Day.

I propose a simplified "Program Name" name with a qualifier of Roman numerals when more than one of that name exists. This would be similar to how imdb.com differentiates between actors/directors/authors with similar names.

If you wish, when one searches for a program, then the results page can display more information based upon information in the individual records.

Example search: Exploding Fist

Sample Results List:

(3) Results found:
Exploding Fist +4 : TCFS, 1993 : (Download)
Way of the Expoding Fist (I) : Melborne House, 1986 : (Download)(View Cover)
Way of the Exploding Fist (II) : Ricochet/Mastertronic, 1986 : (Download)(View Cover)

In the above example, I used colons (happy instead of trying to format this post into columns. My intent is to make this example similar to the existing search results function.

By this example, once could view the record by clicking on the title. One could download a designated "primary download" in .prg format (for maximum emulator compatibility) from this site, if one exists, by clicking (Download). Or, if one needs to see just the cover, they can click (View Cover) if this site has a cover for that release.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024