Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-05-28
 Noooooooooooooo!

Curse my Data Cassette, It's in the bin !!!

Today I lost my original Terra Nova tape. It got chewed up by a 1531 I've never used

1/2 wav recording or emulation reading 1/2 wav tap's isn't right. Sure alot has worked but there are some bugs I have noticed with the loaders, but again many 1/2 wav games do work and run correct.

Terra Nova has been a pig because there is major problems with multi loading 1/2 wav tap's. Some where the memory of the Plus4 emulation is getting way messed up big time (well I think it is). This is happening with both Udo's Winter/Summer Events games.

I think it's all to do with multi loading 1/2 wav's games and only comes to mind now! Pin Point and Strip Poker are the same Turbo as Terra Nova, but Pin Point and Strip Poker are one single 1/2 wav load and work, (just like the title speech screen of Terra Nova works). But once the game is loaded mega GFX bug's and craches. Same with Winter/Summer Events..... Now if I thought about this before I could of saved my self from chewing up my Terra Nova tape because it was never going to bloody work at this time

Well before I thought about the above I was trying hard to make working tap's of Terra Nova. I almost gave up trying to make both C16 and Plus4 versions so I thought I'd might aswell try my other 1531's just incase.....

I have 5 1531's spare I've never used before and one of them chewed the tape. At the end of the day I'm no better off because jack all works correct and the tape now is fucked.

I guess this is the price I have to pay for trying to copy it.......

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-05-30
 Here's the mess I got before hand:

plus4.emucamp.com/tap/terra_nova.zip

Both C16 and Plus4 versions. It's 1.3meg to download.

Artifex holds the C16 version together very well in the GFX, but later a bug will give you infinity lives after a while, this helped for testing I finished level 1 and then found it to crash upon loading level 2....

"T" will pass the loading screen. "Q" is fire, I can't remember the other keys, but "7" on the Num-pad was down.

Maybe the emulators may find it hard to emulate this game, but I'm sure the 1/2 tap recording is at fault.

Another multi loading 1/2 wav game I rememeber that was no good was International Karate. The PRG runs sweet, but this tap was very strange... It missed the whole of the Joypad levels and insted loaded the later part of the tape which was the Keyboard levels for joystick controls.

Posted By

DeadTED
on 2001-05-30
 MMMMMMMMM

I think I have an original copy of terra nova, I will check tonight.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024